So I want to share with you the measures we will be taking on October 10 at the Burn Series Adventure Race in order to ensure an environment which is as safe as reasonably possible for both the Burn & Mini Burn races.
Luckily not too much needs to change but here are a few things we will be doing in addition to the normal organisation.
- In the registration marquee, your race numbers will be laid out on a table for you to collect and in this pack, there will be a full briefing sheet and instructions for attaching your timing chip to your wrist.
- We will limit the number of people allowed at any-one time in the registration marquee.
- There will be a larger marquee for racers to be before/after the event and in the case of bad weather. In this marquee, we will have social distancing reminders and it will be well ventilated with as many sides open as possible. (Fingers crossed for good weather!)
- We will have a briefing marquee with an automated briefing running on continuous so you can attend the briefing at your convenience*. (* For the Mini Burn only)
- We will supply hand sanitizer and hand wipes around the event centre.
- All paddles and buoyancy aids (BA) will be wiped with antibacterial cloths after each competitor.
- You will not be handed your paddle or BA as in previous years. You will need to pick them up and put them on yourself. There will be someone present to instruct you on the fastenings if need be.
- All marshalls will wear gloves
- At the end of the race, your medal will be on a table under the finish arch for you to pick up yourself. (In the case of bad weather, we will put them in the registration marquee for you to collect)
- We will have one marshal who cuts off your timing chip at the end of the race and downloads your data. You will be asked to tear off your results from the printer yourself to minimise handling.
- As always I (Maria), will be present on the startline to wave you off and welcome you back. Any questions please do ask.